Last modified: 6/22/2020
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section § 1798.83) may permit users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure Of Personal Information (as defined below) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if we are required to provide such information to you then we will provide you with such information according to our standard procedures.
You acknowledge that, by visiting, navigating, using or interacting with the Website, you may transmit information including Personal Information (as defined below), to Company.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, residential or business address, email address, telephone number, or other personal information (“Personal Information”);
- in you are a Contractor, credit card information in accordance with the Terms of Service and the Contractor Services Agreement;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, publicly available databases, subscription databases and services, and government information sources.
- Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or interacting with the Website, or otherwise navigating or using the Website. This includes filling out a request to join as a Contractor or filling out a request to be contacted for quotes for Lighting Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
The information you provide by filling in forms on the Website is provided at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information that you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Online Tracking
Certain web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked (for more information on DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com). If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, we do not take action to respond to DNT signals.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and its contents and features to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. If you are requesting a quote for Lighting Services, this includes providing your information, including your Personal Information, to Contractors offering Lighting Services in order for such Contractors to provide you with a quote and related services and products.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- To improve or personalize your user experience.
- To communicate with you by email, postal mail, or telephone about products and services that may be of interest to you from us or third parties.
- To communicate with you about the Website.
- To provide you with customer support.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For Contractors, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for the programs in which you elect to participate.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Disclosure or Transfer of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These services include but are not limited to processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and supporting our website functionality.
- To Contractors to allow them to provide a Lighting Services quote to you. By submitting a request for a quote for Lighting Services through the Website, you consent to our providing your Personal Information and request to Contractors. The Contractors are then able to contact you by email or other contact method.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you, if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you are requesting a quote for Lighting Services, to Contractors offering Lighting Services in order to provide you with an estimate and related services or products.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
For Contractors, we may also disclose your business contact information to third parties, including your business name, address, telephone number, email address, and name of owner of business.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Company as a result of a service experience or transaction, including service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Security
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information or your other information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of your Personal Information or your other information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law allows consumers to direct certain businesses not to sell their personally identifiable information to third parties to license or sell that information to additional third parties. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
- Contact Information